Thank you for your interest in North Henry Academy. For your convenience, the following sequence of “Steps for Enrollment” may be helpful:
Steps for Enrollment:
- Please review the information in the packet and call the academy if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment to visit the school.
- Complete the Online Application on our website and pay the Registration/Enrollment Fee. Note: If a student is the recipient of IEP services please remit a copy to the admission director prior to submitting an application. https://secure.gradelink.com/asp.net.rewrite/enrollment.aspx?sid=810
- Request that the student’s current teacher complete the Teacher Recommendation Form and mail or fax it to NHA. For elementary students, the primary teacher should fill out the recommendation. Students entering 7th-8th grades need to have two Teacher Recommendations from their Math and English teachers. Preschool students should have a form completed if they have previously attended a Preschool program or day care.
- Turn in Authorization for Release of Educational Records to the student’s current school and have them send transcripts and test grades to NHA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that the transcripts and test grades are received by the school.
- Existing achievement tests will be reviewed and/or the student will be scheduled for entrance testing. Entrance exams are $25.00. Testing will not be scheduled until records are received by the school.
- The Ministry Referral Form should be completed and mailed or faxed to the NHA Office. (If there is a reason this referral would not be practical at this time, we can discuss at the interview.)
- After all requested documents have been received, Administration will schedule an interview. The student and parents are required to attend. If it is determined that an interview will not be granted you will be notified within one week by the academy office.
- After the interview, Administration will meet again to discuss acceptance or denial. A notification of acceptance/denial will be received within one week of the interview.
- After acceptance, you will need to submit: Items needed for permanent student record (Immunization, Birth Certificate, Eye, Ear & Dental form, etc.) Payment of Book and Matriculation Fee