Thank you for your interest in North Henry Academy. For your convenience, the following sequence of “Steps for Enrollment” may be helpful:
Requirements & Entitlements Related to Entrance Testing & Admission to NHA
Before admission, the Administrator will assess all records from the student’s previous schools including, but not limited to, IEPs, report cards, progress reports, teacher recommendations, discipline reports, etc. Before an entrance exam will be administered, the administrator will make a determination if the student would be able to be served at NHA should the information be a true and accurate representation of the student’s abilities and achievements.
Once the administrator orders an entrance exam, then the administrator and the admissions team will give, grade, assess and compare the student’s current educational demonstration to past records and information. The team will decide on admission based on the admission test scores coupled with all acquired academic, behavioral, and any other information deemed pertinent. Students scoring below the 50th percentile on the entrance exam will not be admitted unless there is a special situation that is approved by the administrator. NHA reserves the right to refuse admittance based on an inability to viably support the student.
Retention may be recommended for any number of reasons but especially to students scoring below the 75th percentile. Students who are admitted below the 75th percentile or who are particularly deficient in a specific area may be required to fulfill a certain number of hours with a support staff tutor before coming out of a probationary period.
Every student admitted to NHA is entitled to receive the educational and developmental support offered by its talented and skilled staff that is centered in biblical principles, professional ethics and high standards. Each staff member is sensitive to the student’s culture, gender, language and any special needs. Accommodations and limited modifications may be made when appropriate for struggling students or students who have specific educational needs. in very rare instances modified grades may given and will be noted in educational records.
Steps for Enrollment:
- Please review the information in the packet and call the academy if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment to visit the school.
- Complete the Online Application and pay the Registration/Enrollment Fee. Note: If a student is the recipient of IEP services please remit a copy to the admission director prior to submitting an application.
- Request that the student’s current teacher complete the Teacher Recommendation Form and mail or fax it to NHA. For elementary students, the primary teacher should fill out the recommendation. Students entering 7th-8th grades need to have two Teacher Recommendations from their Math and English teachers. Preschool students should have a form completed if they have previously attended a Preschool program or day care.
- Turn in Authorization for Release of Educational Records to the student’s current school and have them send transcripts and test grades to NHA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that the transcripts and test grades are received by the school.
- Existing achievement tests will be reviewed and/or the student will be scheduled for entrance testing. Entrance exams are $25.00. Testing will not be scheduled until records are received by the school.
- The Ministry Referral Form should be completed and mailed or faxed to the NHA Office. (If there is a reason this referral would not be practical at this time, we can discuss at the interview.)
- After all requested documents have been received, Administration will schedule an interview. The student and parents are required to attend. If it is determined that an interview will not be granted you will be notified within one week by the academy office.
- After the interview, Administration will meet again to discuss acceptance or denial. A notification of acceptance/denial will be received within one week of the interview.
- After acceptance, you will need to submit: Items needed for permanent student record (Immunization, Birth Certificate, Eye, Ear & Dental form, etc.) Payment of Book Fee
Online Application secure.gradelink.com/asp.net.rewrite/enrollment.aspx?sid=810